The PayPal Security Key gives you a second authentication factor when you're logging in to your account. In addition to your password, you enter a One Time Pin (OTP) that is unique for each login. These two factors give you stronger account security. The PayPal Security Key sends you a temporary security code via SMS that you enter in addition to your password when you log in to PayPal.
1. Sign in to your account as you normally do, and go to your profile. Go to your Security section.
2. Locate the Security Key option and click Edit.
3. Order a security key or activate a PayPal or VIP (Verisign Identity Protection) token as a security key. Click Get Security Key.
4. Register your phone. Type the number that you would like to use to activate this security key, a number you have access to often.
5. Click Agree and Register.
6. A code will be sent to this number. Once you receive the text with this 6-digit code, enter it into the field provided and click Activate.
Success! Your PayPal Security Key is now active.
For more information visit: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/security-protections
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email email@example.com.