Two-step verification prevents unauthorized access to your Hushmail account by using a 2-stage process to authenticate your identity. The first step is to sign in using your username and passphrase and the second step is entering a verification code that is sent by text message to your mobile phone or to an alternate email address. You can also obtain a verification code using a smartphone app.
1. Sign in to your Hushmail account.
2. Go to the Preferences page by clicking the link in the upper right corner.
3. Select the Security tab.
4. To get started, click on the pencil icon to turn it on. This will take you to the 2-step page. Choose at least two ways to receive verification codes. Click Continue.
5. Type the email address you would like the code to be sent to. Click Continue.
6. Check the email for the verification code, enter this code into the field provided and click Continue.
7. Enter the phone number that you would like to use to receive the next code. Click Continue.
8. Once you have received the verification code on your phone, enter into the field provided. Click Continue.
9. Follow instructions to download an app that is compatible for your device in order to generate a verification code (Google Authenticator for example) and scan the QR code shown.
Type the verification code into the field provided and click Continue.
Two-step verification is enabled now. How does it work?
The first time you sign in to your account after turning two-step verification on, you will be asked to enter a verification code, which will be sent via your method of choice. Once you enter the code, the device will be registered. Be mindful of the device you use, as it will now be a trusted device and in the future you will only use your passphrase to sign in when using that device. Any time you sign in from a device that isn’t trusted, you will be prompted to enter a new verification code to register that device.
For more information visit: https://help.hushmail.com/entries/63282756-Two-step-verification
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email email@example.com.