The SafePass feature is Bank of America’s extra layer of protection against fraud and identity theft as you use Online Banking. The SafePass feature lets you authorize transactions with single-use, six-digit passcodes. SafePass verifies your identity without challenge questions and allows you to make larger daily or weekly money transfers. It works with both Online and Mobile Banking.
1. Log in to your Bank of America account as you normally do. Then, go to Privacy and Security and select Online and Mobile Security from the top menu and in the drop-down menu, choose “SafePass.”
2. Click Add SafePass.
3. On the Manage SafePass page, click “Add a Mobile Device.” (If you don’t have a cell phone, you can generate SafePass codes from a card. It’s the same size as a credit card and fits conveniently in your wallet. There’s a one-time fee of $19.99 for the SafePass card.)
4. Enter the mobile phone number that you would like to use to receive your SafePass codes.
5. You will receive a six-digit code, sent as a text message to your mobile phone. (Standard messaging rates may apply.) The code expires as soon as you use it—or within 10 minutes if you don’t use it. You can always request another code by pushing the button again.
6. Enter the code where prompted.
For more information visit: https://www.bankofamerica.com/privacy/online-mobile-banking-privacy/safepass.go
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email email@example.com.