Two Factor Authentication (2FA) is an option that adds an extra layer of security to Namecheap account by requiring access to the phone. If someone steals or guesses your Namecheap account password, that person cannot log into the account because they do not have access to the phone number associated with the account. The 2FA option is provided free of charge.
1. Log in to your Namecheap account. Hover over your username on top of the page and click Manage Profile.
2. Click on Two Factor Authentication in the left-side menu.
3. Click on the Begin Setup button.
4. Enter your phone number and your country code from the drop-down list. The Description number will be created automatically including the last 4 digits of your phone number.
NOTE: You can put something different as Description. Anything that will help you remember what it is. This will make it easier to find a number in case you put a few numbers for 2FA.
5. Choose how you prefer to get the verification code, by SMS or voice call.
NOTE: A voice call takes about 10 minutes while text messages come almost immediately.
6. Enter your Namecheap account password for authorization. Click on Send Verification Code.
7. If you did not get the code, click on “Didn’t get the code?”
8. You will be directed to this page where you will be able to check/update the number entered and resend the code.
7. If the code is received, enter it in the corresponding field and click Verify Phone Number.
8. If the correct code is entered, you will get the following confirmation that 2FA setup is successful!
For more information visit: https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9253/45/how-to-two-factor-authentication
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email email@example.com.