If This Then That, the popular Web service known for linking online services and connected products with one-another, now offers the extra security step. Learn how to turn it on, here.
1. Make sure you’re using the latest version of IF and DO on your mobile device. Check your app store and install any updates.
2. Log in to the IFTTT site and go to your Account Settings page.
3. Scroll down to the “Two-Step Verification” section. Click “Enable Two-Step Verification,” then enter your password on the next screen.
4. You have the option of using either an authenticator app (e.g., 1Password and Google Authenticator), or you can have a code sent to your mobile device via SMS (text message). Choose your preferred delivery method, then follow the prompts.
5. Be sure to save the backup code assigned to you. Should you lose access to your phone or authenticator app, or forget your password, the only way to access your account will be by using this code.
For more information visit: http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-enable-two-step-authentication-for-your-ifttt-account/