Hootsuite's 2-step verification security feature uses Google Authenticator to enhance the protection of your Hootsuite account.
1. The Google Authenticator app needs to be installed on your mobile device first, in order to set up 2-step verification for your Hootsuite account. To install Google Authenticator follow Google’s Install Google Authenticator guide to complete installation on your device.
2. Once you have installed the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device, you must then set it up in Hootsuite. To setup Google Authenticator in Hootsuite, sign in and select Settings from the launch menu on the left and click Account.
3. Click the Security tab. Click Get Started.
4. Open your Google Authenticator app, and scan your secret code or manually enter it into the app.
5. Enter the 6-digit code from the app into the Code field in your Hootsuite dashboard and then click Submit.
6. Finished! Now select whether to use 2-step verification for each time you log in or just whenever your login location changes.
For more information visit: https://help.hootsuite.com/hc/en-us/articles/204595950-Manage-Google-Authenticator
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.