2-Factor Authentication adds an extra layer of security to your Dyn login. 2-Factor Authentication helps protect you by making it more difficult for someone else to sign in to your account. If you turn on 2-Factor Authentication, you’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted. When it’s turned off, you only get and re-send security codes periodically, and when there might be a risk to your account security.
1. The first time the account owner logs into their Dyn account, they will be given the opportunity to:
setup 2FA for the account,
delay setting up 2FA for a later time (this option will cause the 2FA view to appear on the next log-on), or
decline 2FA for the account.
2. 2FA uses a separate security code that you must enter before you can access your account.You can choose whether to receive the security code by SMS text message or to use a mobile app. This tutorial will provide the steps for SMS.
4. Select SMS Text Messaging.
5. Enter the mobile phone number where you will receive the security code.
6. Enter the security code from the text message sent to your mobile phone and click Verify Code.
Once the code is verified, 2FA is set up on your account and you can proceed to your Dyn account.
7. If you mistype the code or if you did not receive the code, click Request a New Code to get another security code sent to you.
For more information visit: https://help.dyn.com/2-factor-authentication/
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.