Businesses struggle to confirm the identity of online users with limited pieces of information. PhoneID Contact provides the name and address, phone type, registration location information, and auto-corrected phone number to enable real-time decision making. PhoneID Contact enables reverse phone number look-up thereby helping online merchants and consumer web services to determine the risk level of a transaction, resulting in higher operational efficiency and increased revenue.
Name and Address Details
- Block more fraud by verifying & validating name and address details based on a phone number using reverse phone number look-up.
- PhoneID Contact leverages multiple data sources to improve identity verification and fraud detection in real-time.
- Automate user verification using the name and address of the phone number provided during transaction.
- PhoneID Contact's reverse phone number look-up works in real-time and seamlessly in the background, enabling businesses to make decisions faster, more accurately, and without any wait time.
Fresh and Accurate Data
- TeleSign returns data on every single number.
- TeleSign leverages its robust infrastructure and relationship with multiple data sources to return results with unparallel match rates.
- Provides actionable data to reduce fraud and accept a higher rate of valid orders.
How it Works
PhoneID Contact is provided through a simple to integrate REST API and can be used as a stand-alone product or in conjunction with TeleSign Verify. Once an end user provides a phone number as part of the check out process or when filling out a form, TeleSign automatically returns the characteristics of the phone number without interruption to the user. Companies can then act on this information and assess the quality of the transaction or lead.
PhoneID Contact includes phone number cleansing, which leverages TeleSign’s relationships with Telcos and internal heuristics to automatically correct improperly formatted phone numbers.
TeleSign has extensive expertise with customers with industry specific solutions, including compliance requirements such as HIPAA, FFIEC,CJIS, NIST, PCI-DSS, FACTA.
How is this different from PhoneID Standard?
PhoneID Contact provides the data attributes of PhoneID Standard PLUS name and address contact information. PhoneID Contact is currently available in the US and Canada.
What are your match rates?
Match rates or hit rates are the number of times a data provider returns data on a request. By leveraging multiple data sources, TeleSign provides unparalleled match rates. Actual rates depend on the use case and industry. TeleSign welcomes you to run a batch test on our services to prove our industry-leading match rates.
What if the name and address information is not available?
PhoneID Contact returns data on every phone number. Sometimes a phone number will not return name and address information. In that case TeleSign still returns the phone type, registration location information, and the auto-corrected phone number, providing businesses actionable data to determine the fraud threat level.
Is PhoneID Contact a stand-alone product?
PhoneID Contact can be used by itself or in conjunction with TeleSign Verify. PhoneID Contact paired with TeleSign Verify, which sends a one-time code to the user’s phone, automates the fraud screening process and ensures that the customer is in fact linked to the phone number used during the transaction. This results in a significant decrease in fraud and increased operational efficiency.
Is PhoneID easy to integrate?
PhoneID Contact and all TeleSign products are provided through a REST API. The TeleSign Client Services team helps clients from initial integration to deployment and continues as their fraud prevention partner.