2-step verification provides improved security for your DSM account. If 2-step verification is enabled, you will need to enter your password in addition to a one-time verification code when logging into DSM. Verification codes are obtained from authenticator apps installed on your mobile device. Therefore, if someone wants to access your account, he will not only need your username and password, but also your mobile device.
1. In the Options menu click “Options.”
2. Tick the “Enable 2-step verification” box to launch the 2-step verification setup wizard, then click “Next.”
3. Enter an email address (emergency verification codes can be sent to this email address in case your mobile device is lost), then click “Next.”
4. Download and install an authenticator app, such as Google Authenticator (Android/iPhone/BlackBerry) or Authenticator (Windows Phone).
5. Open your authenticator app and scan the QR code.
6. Alternatively, you can click the link to manually enter a secret key. Click “OK” to close the window.
7. Your authenticator app generates a 6-digit verification code. Enter this code into the wizard text field to confirm the configurations are correct, then click “Next.” If an error occurs, please make sure the system time of your mobile device is synchronized with the system time of DSM. Also, verification codes are updated periodically, so make sure the code you enter has not expired.
8. Click “Close” to finish the setup.
9. Once the setup wizard is finished, click “OK” to save settings.
For more information visit: https://originwww.synology.com/en-us/knowledgebase/tutorials/615#t5