Two-factor authentication (2FA) is designed to better protect your account. Instead of just relying on a password to access your Bitstamp account, you will need your password and a time-based PIN provided to you on your smartphone.
1. Log in to your Bitstamp account and select the Security page.
2. Navigate from the Security page to the Two-factor Authentication page.
3. Click “Enable Two-factor Authentication.”
4. Scan the QR code with your Google Authenticator app on your smartphone to create a new account within the app.
5. Next, enter the time-based 6-digit PIN the app generated into the field indicated by the red arrow. Click “Enable Two-factor Authentication.”
6. Login as usual. Enter your client ID and password and click “Login.” Then, when prompted, enter the 6-digit PIN displayed in your Google Authenticator app on your smartphone and click “Authenticate.”
For more information visit: https://www.bitstamp.net/s/documents/bitstamp_2_factor_authentication_guide.pdf
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. This site makes every reasonable effort to keep the information accurate and up-to-date. If you have feedback regarding the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.