While SMS is a powerful and effective tool for businesses today, it’s highly regulated in certain markets. Understanding the various market nuances, country regulations and general SMS best practices is a key component to successfully operating a global SMS program. With expert knowledge of the SMS industry, the TeleSign team supports and guides customers through the complexities of sending SMS globally.
SMS compliance best practices take into account 6 key factors:
- Route or delivery path used to send the message.
- Sender ID or originating address from which the SMS is delivered.
- Message content details.
- Opt-in or user consent.
- Opt-out or revocation of consent (applicable to recurring SMS).
- Adequate notice and transparency.
At TeleSign, we help customers optimize SMS delivery and reduce compliance risks by offering SMS best practices that provide an overview of country-level and mobile operator specific requirements.
These Guidelines (available by request from your Sales and Client Services account team) cover global messaging best practices relevant to the following areas of compliance:
- Sender ID Restrictions & Approvals – Certain countries restrict SMS delivery to only use a specific type of sender ID and/or require sender ID whitelisting to ensure successful delivery of the SMS.
- Use Case Restrictions, Messaging & Content Requirements – Some countries have restrictions on the permitted use cases and/or allowed message content.
The TeleSign team will ensure that the launch of your SMS program is easy and efficient. We’re here to provide you with access to knowledgeable resources (like our Guidelines) and a superior level of service. If you are ready to get started or have any questions at all, please contact your Sales and Client Services account team for more information.