We’re excited to announce that you can now explore TeleSign APIs hands-on, without coding right away. Check out our APIs using an API Explorer. And, if you decide you want to do some coding, you can use our API Explorers’ code generation feature to create your own code sample in the language of your choice. Here’s a video of the SMS API Explorer in action:
What’s an API Explorer Anyway?
An API Explorer is an interactive, hands-on way to explore an API. Rather than just reading about available parameters and then implementing a test request yourself, you can immediately create and send a test request and see the results real time, without any coding. TeleSign API Explorers are pre-populated with simple, common examples you would want to try out for each API. Additionally, each explorer comes with a code generator. Using the code generator, you can generate a code snippet in the language of your choice, cutting down on the time it takes you to do a test implementation for our APIs.
What are the benefits of an API Explorer?
The benefit is you can get hands-on with TeleSign APIs right away even if you don’t have experience as a developer. And if you are a developer, you can save yourself some time setting up test requests using TeleSign’s API Explorers or the code generator.
How do I try out an API Explorer?
If you are an existing customer, navigate to the API Reference section and read the “Try the API Explorer” page.
- Try the API Explorer – Enterprise Customers – All APIs, except for PhoneID Add-ons and the new Voice API.
- Try the API Explorer – Standard Customers – All APIs
If you are new to TeleSign products, read on to learn about how you can get started trying a test request with any of these APIs:
- SMS API
- Voice API
- Score API
- PhoneID API
- Navigate to portal.telesign.com
- Look in the upper righthand corner and click Sign up.
- Follow the instructions to sign up for a new TeleSign portal account.
- You will need to supply a phone number as part of the sign up process. If you choose to only use TeleSign’s free trial, this will be the only phone number you can test our APIs with.
- When you complete the sign up, you are logged in to your dashboard where you will see your customer ID and API key. Grab these, you’ll need them for the API Explorer. TeleSign suggests copying them into a word document that you delete at the end of this walkthrough.
- Navigate to the “How to Use an API Explorer” page. Follow the instructions to send your first SMS request! You can use the drop-down menus to set up the code generator to create a code sample for you.
- If you want to customize your request, check out the options in the “Advanced Tricks for Using TeleSign API Explorers” section. For any TeleSign API Explorers, you can tweak the requests to add optional parameters if you want to see different features of the API.
NOTE: Please be aware you are charged for each transaction. If you sign up for the free trial, you have $5 worth of transactions you can try out. Also, the API Explorer is not indicative of regular transmission rates for requests.