PhoneID Fraud Prevention
Delivers real-time security intelligence and data on phone numbers around the world to enable greater assurance and security against fraudulent activity.
Assess Risk and Reduce Fraud
PhoneID Fraud Prevention delivers real-time security intelligence and data on phone numbers around the world to enable greater assurance and security against fraudulent activity. Reputation of each number is based on a real-time assessment of a phone number’s attributes, usage and history, with the ability to provide underlying data to further assist in decision-making and security. Phone ID is delivered via REST API and easily integrates into existing Web or mobile applications and workflows.
Know the Score
PhoneID delivers a reputation “score,” or risk assessment, on phone numbers around the world based on telecom data, traffic patterns and reported fraud. Scoring ranges from 0 to 1000 and includes suggested risk levels to allow you to make decisions to block, flag or allow.
Understand the Data
An integral part of PhoneID’s algorithm is an analysis of individual data attributes for each phone number queried, including: phone type, carrier, subscriber status and device status.
If a particular number or range of numbers is seen repeatedly on one or more Web services within a relatively short timeframe, the number may be flagged as suspicious, increasing risk score.
- Traffic Pattern Recognition
Anomalous behavior patterns may also raise a red flag. For example, if passcode requests are received in five different languages from the same number in the same week, it may be a sign that a phone is being shared, and the risk score will increase accordingly.
Gathers intelligence on phone numbers to evaluate risk.
Delivers data-driven risk assessment in the form of a score to allow you to decide the appropriate action: block, flag or allow.
Incorporates network-wide anomaly detection and history of prior fraudulent usage.
Easily integrates into existing applications and workflows via REST API.
How It Works
- PhoneID is delivered via REST API and easily integrates into existing Web or mobile applications and workflows.
- When a new user registers for a new Web or mobile account, the user’s number is automatically checked against TeleSign’s global clearinghouse of predictive data and assigned a risk score.
- If the score exceeds predefined limits—indicating known, likely or possible fraud—account creation may be blocked, challenged or allowed. This is based on settings controlled by you.
- PhoneID can be used as a standalone intelligence source or in conjunction with TeleSign’s authentication products—including SMS, voice or mobile application—to challenge suspicious registration attempts.
- For example, if the score indicates that a new registrant should be challenged, TeleSign can deliver a time-based, one-time verification code to the user’s mobile phone via SMS or voice message or send a push notification via mobile app. If the verification fails, account creation can then be blocked. If successful, the new end user account can be created and the user authenticated into the service.
TeleSign’s products help prevent registration fraud, stop account takeovers and securely authenticate end users via SMS, voice and mobile app.
Mobile App-Based Authentication
A mobile app software development kit (SDK) to easily build two-factor authentication (2FA) into native mobile application.
SMS & Voice Verification
SMS & Voice Verification offers phone-based verification and two-factor authentication (2FA) using a one-time passcode (OTP) sent over SMS or via voice call. This is delivered via REST API and easily integrates into existing Web or mobile applications and workflows.
Learn more about our company, our solutions and our products through customer case studies, informative eGuides, videos and more.
As the leader in Mobile Identity solutions, TeleSign helps customers secure more than 3.5 billion end user accounts worldwide and …Resource Type: Datasheets
PhoneID Fraud Prevention
PhoneID Fraud Prevention delivers real-time security intelligence and data on phone numbers around the world to enable greater assurance and …Resource Type: Datasheets
Tinder Partners With TeleSign to Help Block Spam Accounts
TeleSign’s PhoneID and SMS Verification products reduce dating app’s spam traffic by 90 percent.Resource Type: Case Studies