PhoneID Live verifies that a phone number is active and reachable. It provides online businesses with actionable data on every single phone number to prevent online fraud and validate critical contact information. TeleSign enables online properties to obtain the global data they need to protect their business.
PhoneID Live provides international phone number validation data points to help mitigate fraud, providing businesses with accurate data about a phone number to:
- Verify customer information with no impact to the user experience.
- Reduce costs stemming from fraudulent registrations and/or transactions.
- Reduce loss of sales productivity associated with bad phone numbers.
- Clean your database by identifying leads with inactive phone numbers.
Phone Status and Other Attributes
PhoneID Live delivers actionable data on every single phone number, including:
- Phone status: Subscriber Status (Active/Disconnected), and Device Status (Reachable/Unreachable).
Phone type: Mobile, Landline, non-fixed VoIP, Invalid, Pre-Paid, Personal, Pager, Toll-Free,
- Telecom carrier information: AT&T Wireless, Boost Mobile, O2, etc.
- Geographic information: City, County, State, Country, Latitude, Longitude and Time Zone.
- Roaming information: Roaming Status and Roaming Country.
How it Works
- PhoneID Live is provided through a well-documented REST API and can be used as a stand-alone product or in conjunction with TeleSign Verify.
- Once an end user provides a phone number as part of the check out process or when filling out a form, TeleSign automatically returns the device (reachable or unreachable) and/or subscription (active or inactive) status of the phone number.
- Companies can then act on this information to assess the quality of the transaction or lead.
- PhoneID Live also delivers other actionable data on every single number, including phone type, registration location and auto-corrected phone numbers (i.e., corrects improperly formatted phone numbers).
TeleSign has extensive expertise with customers with industry specific solutions, including compliance requirements such as HIPAA, FFIEC,CJIS, NIST, PCI-DSS, FACTA.
Annual percent growth of global eCommerce
13% annually for the past five years
Top 10 Highest Growing countries in eCommerce
China, Brazil, Russia, Chile, Mexico, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, Uruguay, Turkey, Oman
Highest online spending country in Latin America
Brazil, with 80 million internet users who spend $10.6 billion online per year— and expected to spend $18.7 billion by 2017
Country with largest online population in Europe
Russia, with 60 million users and 15 million online shoppers
Annual revenue from online purchases in Russia
9 billion, with growth projected to reach more than $16 billion by 2016
Country with the highest percentage of online users shopping online
Chile, with 71% of users shopping online — the highest among 30 countries ranked in the Global Retail Development Index
Country with the highest percentage of personal computer household penetration
United Arab Emirates with 76%
Country with the highest Internet penetration in the Middle East
United Arab Emirates with 78% penetration
Country with the highest Internet penetration rate in Latin America?
Source: The 2012 A.T. Kearney Global Retail Development Index™